Thursday, May 22, 2008

End of another year...

Well, the 2008-09 school year is coming to a close, very soon. I just can't believe how quickly these years go by. What a great year I have had. I love the school, love the kids, and love my content areas. Everything just seemed to work out perfectly. I pretty much have my dream job -- Title 1 reading and technology. Who could ask for anything more? I think everyday about the decision I made to leave administration. What a great decision that was. This year has been one of no stress. I don't have to make those tough decisions, deal with student discipline, go to board meetings (unless I want to), deal with employee issues, deal with angry parents, and all those other things that go along with the position. I can focus on the kids I have, develop curriculum, and go home at night and stay home. What a great feeling!

I have no regrets being in administration and will probably go back in some capacity sometime in the future. But for now, I'm loving what I'm doing.

No comments: